Pages

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

January 2018 TBR

Hello again! I've decided to come back today with my January 2018 TBR. This month I have 3 books on my list, which is less than I usually read (which I'll explain), but fits perfectly with my reading goal for this year. On top of these three books, I'm also reading The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis for school (which if I'm being honest I'm incredibly disappointed in and wish we'd picked up a classic instead. If you would like my point of view on classics, let me know!).

#1. Tower of Dawn

Image result for Tower of Dawn

So, this big book (664 pages) is the reason my goal is only 3 and not four. While I adore Sarah J. Maas and her books, I find that they take me a really long time to read and can be quite tiresome, so I like to give myself all the time I need for her books. Speaking of taking quite a long time to read, if you'd like me to discuss being a slow reader and my struggles with reading, I can also do that. Annnnyway, I'm actually currently on like page 100, and it's had a slightly slow start but I can feel it picking up. I'm excited/nervous for this book!


#2. Wonder Woman: Warbringer

Image result for wonder woman: warbringer

Wow! Another book that came out in 2017, which almost everyone read, that I need to catch up on! What a surprise! If I'm being honest, when the synopsis came out and I read it, I wasn't sold and didn't plan on reading this book for the longest time. I only just recently decided to read this because it has been getting so many wonderful reviews, and if it's Leigh Bardugo, it must be good, right? So I'm also nervous for this one.

#3. The Nowhere Girls

Image result for the nowhere girls

This will most likely be my first contemporary of the year, and I have very high hopes. It sounds great  and empowering, and I'm definitely excited. Please don't let me down...

So, that is my January TBR. Let me know what books you plan on reading this month! Also, be sure to tell me what you think about a post on classic books and on slow reading/my struggles with reading. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment