Pages

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

2018 Reading Goals

Hey guys! It is officially 2018, and I'm very excited to announce that I'm here to attempt blogging! I've always loved reading, but recently I've wanted to share my bookish life more than ever, and I figured a blog was the best place to do just that. Whether or not you're an avid reader, I hope that this blog can be a fun place for you to share your love of books and whatever else makes you happy. I will say that I'm not sure how long I'll keep this specific blog, as Blogger is a tedious program that's hard to work with. If this becomes an important part of my life and I keep up with posts, I may end up creating a different blog elsewhere using a more user-friendly program that will allow me to do all that I would like with this blog. 
Anyway, I've decided to start by going through some of my 2018 reading goals! I don't have too many, and if I'm being completely honest I'm probably not going to keep most of these, but shhhh. We don't have to worry about that now. Resolutions were made to be broken, right?

Goodreads Goal

This year, I've decided to set my Goodreads goal to 36 books, which is 3 books a month. So, last year I set my Goodreads goal to 50, which I ended up surpassing by 5 books. (WOOP WOOP!) This year, however, I'm going to set my goal lower than that. I know I could reach 50 and it wouldn't be too much of a problem for me, but I'm the type of person that stresses easily. Sooo, when I saw that I was on track or only one book ahead, I'd panic about how I'm almost behind schedule. I'd prefer knowing that I'm ahead of schedule and can always raise my goal, rather than being stressed about something that brings me joy. 

Genre-Based Reading

Last year I read much more YA Contemporary, which is a genre I don't usually enjoy that much, than I usually do. While I do want to continue reading contemporary books, this year I'd like to make sure that I primarily read YA Fantasy.


Reading Challenges

This year, I would LOVE to participate in BookTube-a-thon and maybe do a 24 hour read-a-thon at some point. They just seem like so much fun and something I'd definitely want to try out this year. 

TBR

Look, I'm another victim of the ever-growing TBR that's too big for me to EVER fully complete...mostly because I just keep adding, and instead of actually reading books on my TBR, I read other books that walk into my line of sight or that are new releases. That's all fine and dandy, to be reading books that interest me, but this year I'd really like to crack down on my TBR so it's less daunting. I either would like to eliminate some of the books and series or just try to focus my reading around them. Either way, as of today, January 3, 2018, I have 42 books/series on my Goodreads TBR and by the end of the year, my goal is to have that shortened. 


Let me know what your goals are for this year down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment